Did you know dreams are very important? You have dreams every night but do you remember them? Here are 5 things you can do to improve your sleep quality.
1. Have a routine Each day, set the same time for going to bed, waking up and having breakfast in the morning. Your body will adapt to these routines making it easier for you to fall asleep at night and wake up in the morning.
2. Avoid stimulants before sleeping Caffeine is one of the most common stimulants that keep us awake after dark; however there are other sources like cola, chocolate or even some medications which contain caffeine! That’s why it’s better not to drink any of this after 4 or 5 pm because they all influence our dreams.
3. Have a comfortable bed If your dreams improve, you’ll probably have an easier time sleeping too. In order to feel well rested in the morning, make sure that your mattress is as comfortable as possible for you and does not affect your quality of sleep!
4. Get rid of those stress dreams You know the ones: dreams that leave you tired even though they seemed like a good idea at first… Those dreams could actually be dreams about work or school and because we haven’t been able to express our worries and concerns while we were awake, we do it during our dreams instead. For this reason it’s important to find ways to deal with these stress dreams so we can start having some fun dreams again!
5. Keep a dream diary If you get 6 or 7 dreams every night, it is difficult to remember all of them! However, writing your dreams down in a journal at the end of each day can help you recall them in the morning. When you have dreams about something specific that happened during the day, write it down in your journal before going back to sleep so you can recall your dreams more easily.
Just try out these 5 things and see if they improve your dreams !